If your enthusiasm for medical research goes hand in hand with a desire to bring ideas and projects to life, then you should become a SOMS Full Member! Come and join our passionate scientific community, have a direct say in our present and future projects and leave your mark on SOMS!
One of the way in which you can become a Full Member is by making a presentation at our SOMS New Members Session. You’ll earn 100 points – which is enough to earn Full Membership.
Show us what you’ve been working on by presenting an original research project you’ve been involved with. We care more about the process than about the results – you may thus present preliminary results as well.
If we’ve sparked your interest, here is what you have to do:
- Write a 300-word abstract summarizing a research project you’ve been involved with. Make sure it conforms to the following structure: Introduction & Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions. You must use trustworthy scientific sources and include them in your bibliography.
- You must provide a standard declaration signed by your scientific supervisor, attesting your involvement in the project. You can download the form below.
- Fill the form below and send us your abstract.
- Wait for our email announcing you that your abstract has been accepted.
- Prepare a 10-minute oral presentation in English for the next SOMS New Members Sessions. You can bring along a supervisor or a senior member of your team at the presentation.
- Hold the presentation.
- And you’re done!